Simple lighting changes can go a long way in saving money and energy at home. On average, ENERGY STAR® certified LED (Light Emitting Diode) bulbs last at least 15 times longer than equivalent incandescent bulbs and use 70 – 90% less energy. ENERGY STAR certified light bulbs meet strict quality and efficiency standards that are tested by accredited labs and certified by a third party, providing quality and performance you expect.
Before you replace your next light bulb check out the ENERGY STAR website to find the information you need to make the best lighting choices.
Replacing a traditional incandescent bulb with an LED bulb can save homeowners both energy and replacement costs. The average home uses more than 50 light bulbs. Upgrading even one of them to an ENERGY STAR certified model could save you $30 to $80 over its lifetime, easily recouping the initial cost and more. To encourage New Hampshire residents to switch to ENERGY STAR certified lighting products, the NHSaves utilities work with many retailers and lighting manufacturers to help offset the cost of these purchases for our residential customers. Here are our current options:
- For rebates on LED light bulbs:
- Receive instant discounts at participating retailers on qualifying ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs. Look for our in-store coupons or NHSaves special pricing labels at our participating retailers. Coupons must be redeemed at the time of purchase. Certain LED products are instantly marked down at participating New Hampshire Home Depot and Lowes stores, no coupon is required. Offers vary by retailer. For specific product information check with the participating retailer, or look for additional information in the store lighting aisles. Minimum purchase prices and purchase limits apply.
- For instant rebates on online purchases go to NHSaves.com/lighting-catalog. Instant NHSaves rebates are applied to qualifying products as shown in the final price. Purchase limits apply.
- For rebates on LED light fixtures:
- Purchase a qualified ENERGY STAR certified LED light fixture and then submit for a rebate online at NHSaves.com/rebates or by completing our mail-in fixture rebate form. Minimum purchase prices and purchase limits apply.
- Instant rebates may be available on certain qualifying fixture products at participating New Hampshire Home Depot and Lowes store locations (online or mail-in rebate is not valid on fixtures already marked down by NHSaves at these stores). Look for products in these stores with the NHSaves special pricing label. Purchase limits apply.
- Instant rebates are available on certain lighting products purchased online through the NHSaves store at NHSaves.com/lighting-catalog. Purchase limits apply.
For more information or buying guidance on ENERGY STAR lighting, visit ENERGY STAR’s website at www.energystar.gov/lighting.
Installing efficient lighting technologies in your home mean lower operating costs for your budget, and you’ll be doing your part to help use our nation’s resources wisely.
LED Light Fixture Forms
Click here to submit your fixture rebate online
Click here to download your mail-in fixture rebate form
In-store Discounts & Coupons
Click here to see a complete list of our participating retailers
Contact your utility provider or visit their website below to learn more about energy efficient lighting.
NEW HAMPSHIRE ELECTRIC CO-OP
Want to learn more? Visit our blog for more tips.