ENERGY STAR® Homes Program – (New Construction)
NHSaves encourages New Hampshire residents to participate in energy efficient practices in all new home construction projects. Every ENERGY STAR® certified new home helps reduce energy costs and offers quality, comfort and increased value.
Benefits for Homeowners
- Peace of Mind: Tried-and-true best building practices followed by independent inspections and testing from certified professionals mean that you can be confident that things were done right.
- Enduring Quality: Value adding energy efficiency features that deliver better performance and an overall superior level of quality.
- Wall-to-Wall Comfort: You’ll see, feel, and hear the difference of a heating and cooling system that has been engineered and installed to efficiently deliver comfort. Enjoy consistent temperatures across every room and a constant supply of fresh, filtered air reducing indoor pollutants, dust, pollen, and other allergens.
- Proven Value: Better energy efficiency and performance means lower utility and maintenance costs. Homes earning the ENERGY STAR label use 15-30 percent less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today.
What’s different about an ENERGY STAR Home?
To earn the EPA’s ENERGY STAR certification, your home must meet guidelines that will make it 15-30 percent more efficient than a standard, code-built home. Homes achieve this level of performance through a combination of energy efficient improvements including:
- Air tight construction
- Effective insulation
- High performance windows
- High efficiency heating and cooling equipment installed by a certified HVAC contractor
- Well-insulated and sealed heating and cooling ducts
- ENERGY STAR certified lighting and appliances
- Water Protection Systems to improve indoor air quality and durability
- Third-party testing and verification for superior energy performance
- To ensure that your home earns the EPA’s ENERGY STAR certification, third-party verification by a certified Home Energy Rater is required. The Rater will work closely with you and the builder throughout the construction process to help determine the necessary energy saving equipment and construction techniques.
- Incentives let you take advantage of the benefits of building a new single-family or multi-family home by helping to offset the initial costs.
|ENERGY STAR Incentives Structure|
|CERTIFICATION FEES||Your utility sponsor directly pays the ENERGY STAR contractor for all technical services and project support needed to guide your project through the program.||Up to $1300 per home|
|ENERGY STAR PRODUCTS||ENERGY STAR Lighting|
- Free LED’s Installed
- $25 rebate for each approved Energy Star Fixture
|ENERGY STAR Appliance|
- $25 for each qualified refrigerator, clothes washer, clothes dryers
|Efficient Gas HVAC|
- Assistance with GasNetworks program to earn rebates for gas HVAC equipment
|BUILDING PERFORMANCE||HERS Target Index|
Required to earn Energy Star Certification and incentives offered under the NH ENERGY STAR Homes program
- $100 for each point below HERS Target Index
- Maximum $4000 per home
|Multifamily >5 units|
- $50 for each point below HERS Target Index
- Maximum $1000 per unit
Download the ENERGY STAR Homes Program Enrollment Form
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award
NEW HAMPSHIRE ELECTRIC CO-OP
Want to learn more? Visit our blog for more tips.