ENERGY STAR® High Efficiency Heating, Cooling & Water Heating Equipment Rebate
This program provides mail-in rebates for the purchase and installation of high efficiency ENERGY STAR residential heating, cooling and water heating equipment when replacing existing equipment or for new construction. Rebates are available to customers of participating New Hampshire utilities while funding is available.
To be eligible, you must purchase, install and operate a heating, cooling or domestic water heater that meets all applicable efficiency requirements of the program.
Rebates will be available on a first come, first serve basis for complete applications until December 31, 2013 or until all funds have been expended, whichever occurs first. Status of program funding and availability will be updated daily.
Incentives for this program are effective as of April 1, 2013. Purchases made prior to this date are not eligible for the incentives.
*Natural gas rebates through this program are not available to Liberty Utilities and Unitil gas customers unless funding under their existing incentive programs have been exhausted. For more information on Liberty and Unitil high efficiency gas heating and water heating system incentives visit their websites
Eligible Equipment & Incentives
The following is a list of the equipment types, eligibility requirements and rebates. Click on the equipment type in the table below to view the list of eligible products in PDF format.
Eligible Equipment & Incentives
All ENERGY STAR® rated furnaces, boilers, central air conditioners, heat pumps and water heaters meeting the minimum efficiency ratings outlined in the incentives table below will be eligible for a rebate. ENERGY STAR qualified products can be found at www.energystar.gov/products. SEER, EER, HSPF ratings can be found at either Consortium for Energy Efficiency (ceehvacdirectory.org) or the AHRI directory (ahridirectory.org). AHRI also provides AHRI reference numbers.
Natural gas equipment rebates are not available under this program unless funding is no longer available from your local gas utility energy efficiency program. Contact your local natural gas utility to learn more about their rebate program.
The Program Funding Status chart below will be updated throughout the duration of this program while funds are available. The status represented here does not guarantee payment of submitted rebate applications. Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
New Hampshire Electric Cooperative - Closed to new applications
Public Service of New Hampshire - Closed to new applications
Unitil - Closed to new applications
How to Participate:
- Consult your licensed heating contractor or plumber for assistance in determining eligible equipment or refer to the lists of eligible equipment noted in the incentives table above.
- Once your new high-efficiency heating, cooling or water heating system has been installed, download and complete the Rebate Application for your utility. Attach a copy of all dated receipts/work orders that document the installation. Be sure to include a copy of a recent electric utility bill. Make sure that these receipts indicate the name, address and phone number of the contractor that completed the installation.
- Completed application and required documentation with proof of purchase should be sent to:
For PSNH, Unitil, Liberty:
EFI NH Heating/Cooling Rebate Program
40 Washington St, Suite 2000
Westborough, MA 01581
For New Hampshire Electric Co-op:
New Hampshire Electric Co-op
579 Tenney Mountain Hwy
Plymouth, NH 03264
Attn: Chris Johnson
Make sure to retain a copy of the rebate application for your records.
Applications will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are depleted. An incomplete application may delay your rebate and/or risk your chances for receiving a rebate should the program run out of funding. Purchases made prior to the commencement of the program on April 1, 2013 are not eligible.
Questions About Your Rebate?
For questions about the status of your rebate, please contact:
Customers of PSNH, Unitil, or Liberty contact EFI at 1-877-883-1758.
Members of NHEC contact Chris Johnson at 603-536-8672, or via email at email@example.com
For Participating Contractors:
Please download the contractor participation letter (PDF) for additional details regarding program participation
Frequently Asked Questions
This document (pdf) has been provided with answers to frequently asked questions.
Additional Opportunities to Save:
- Your purchase of a high efficiency heating, cooling system and/or domestic hot water heater may qualify you for a federal tax credit. Please note, that the AFUE required to qualify for the federal tax credit is often higher than the ENERGY STAR requirement used for this program. Visit the ENERGYSTAR.gov website for details or consult your tax professional.
- Renewable energy rebates are also available for residential solar thermal hot water heating, central wood pellet boilers and furnaces, photovoltaic (PV) and wind turbine systems. Visit the NH PUC Sustainable Energy website for more information.
- Learn more about opportunities and incentives for insulating and weatherizing your home through the NH Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program.
*Participating New Hampshire Utilities